What gets recorded onto the blockchain is the hashed value of healthcare data. In other words, if healthcare data is stored in the MediBloc, the hashed value on MediBloc is saved on blockchain. This secures the integrity (Doesn't convince me how integrety is secured...) Healthcare data will be stored in a distributed database outside the blockchain. (IPFS) Persoanl information and medical information is encrypted and stored using a private key, giving sole ownership and access to the individual. Therefore, we would be reducing costs by storing data outside of the blockchain.
Articles in this section
- Is healthcare data stored on the blockchain?
- Why should healthcare data systems adopt blockchain technology
- Can MediBloc Corp give access to the data?
- How will the reliability and security aspects/ features of blockchains be applied to MediBloc?
- What about patients who do not have personal devices like a smartphone?